Dear Members of the Croton-Harmon School Community:
The Croton-Harmon Social Emotional Learning Committee (SELC) is excited to announce a district wide recognition of Unity Day on October 22, 2014. SELC is charged with the alignment and monitoring of all district efforts that provide social/emotional support to our students, staff, and families.
Unity Day is a nationally recognized day in which students and educators take a stand against bullying.
Many activities are planned district wide as we join in uniting against bullying and celebrating friendship:
Unity Day at PVC
- There will be a “Tower of Unity and Acceptance” activity.
- All students and faculty are encouraged to wear orange.
- There will be a lunchtime video and pledge against bullying and in support of victims.
- There will be an orange chain activity.
- Advisory topics will be provided that week to support the theme of the day.
- Student Council will create signs and banners.
- Orange bracelets will be worn by all.
In addition to all of the above activities, we are very excited to announce an evening event planned for Croton-Harmon parents:
“You Don’t Know Me Until You Know Me.”
Dr. Michael Fowlin
October 22, 2014
CHHS Auditorium 7:00 PM
“An outstanding performance that makes everyone think twice!”
Click for more Unity Day Information